PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given to the electors of the Town of Montreal West, by the undersigned Returning Officer, that:
1. A poll will be held;
2. The independent candidates for this election to the hereinafter mentioned offices are:
OFFICE: Councillor – Seat Number 1
OFFICE: Councillor – Seat Number 2
OFFICE: Councillor – Seat Number 3
OFFICE: Councillor – Seat Number 4
3. An advance poll will be held on Sunday, October 27, 2013 from noon to 8:00 p.m. at the Music Room of the Town Hall, located at 50 Westminster South Avenue;
4. On polling day which will be Sunday, November 3, 2013, the polling stations will be open from 10:00 am. to 8:00 p.m. at Royal West Academy, located at 189 Easton;
5. The addition of the votes will take place on Sunday, November 3, 2013 after 9:00 p.m. at the Assembly Hall of the Town Hall, located at 50 Westminster South Avenue.
Given at Montreal West, on October 23, 2013.
For more information, please call the Election Clerk, Mr. Jacques Turgeon, at (514) 485-8937.
Wednesday, October 23rd is your chance to meet and ask questions of all of the candidates for Town Council: 7:30 pm in the Assembly Hall of the Town Hall. Sponsored by The Informer.
In order to exercise your right to vote, you must be registered on the electoral list before polling day. Voters can verify that they are registered by checking the electoral list as of October 4th, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Town Hall or at the Community Centre.
Prior to the revision period, each home will receive a notice informing the occupants of the names of voters already on the electoral list at their address, and telling them how to register, or to request a correction or deletion of names from the voters list.
A review board will hear such applications for entry and requests at the Town Hall (Music room) on Friday, October 11th from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm and Tuesday, October 15th, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
Voting will take place on Sunday, November 3rd in the auditorium of the Royal West Academy from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm. Voters may also vote in the advance poll on Sunday, October 27th from noon to 8:00 pm at the Town Hall (Music Room).
There are four council seats and the mayor office which are open for nominations from 20th September to 4th October. To run as a candidate, one must be an elector, not be legally prevented, and have resided in the Town for at last 12 months on September 1st, 2013.
For more information, please contact: the Returning Officer, Claude Gilbert at 481-8125 or the Election Clerk Jacques Turgeon at 485-8937.
The Returning Officer of the Town is seeking personnel to work for the next general municipal election to be held on the following days:
• Sunday, October 27th, from 12 pm to 8 pm (advance poll);
• Sunday, November 3rd, from 10 am to 8 pm (polling day).
If you are interested, please fill an application (available at the Town Hall or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) and return it to the election clerk, Jacques Turgeon as soon as possible.
For more information, you may call Mr. Jacques Turgeon, Election clerk at (514) 485-8937
Claude Gilbert, Returning Officer